Ruschkin Publishing & Consulting Inc. is based in Saskatoon SK, Canada. Our primary goal is to support and promote sport coaching excellence, healthy lifestyles, and physical literacy through the design of specialized educational resources. Consulting with teachers, health professionals, organizations, and coaches is also an important part of our work.
Our ‘Up Down All Around’ Gymnastics Lesson Plans were developed by pre-eminent authors from Canada and Australia and are owned and copyrighted by Ruschkin Publishing & Consulting Inc. The Lesson Plans are used in elementary schools, Universities, and various sport organizations in Canada and internationally.
Ruschkin Project Teams have created numerous Gymnastic Coach Education resources for a variety of Canadian and International Sports Federations. We have a consortium of contract authors, illustrators, curriculum designers, videographers and consultants who have broad experience in sport and university education; authoring; gymnastics coaching; resource development; sport science consultation and presentations; facilitation and management.
The expertise of our primary Consultants, Dr. Keith Russell and Beverley Dickinson, allows us to fulfill a variety of needs including areas such as:
- Growth and Development
- Physical Literacy
- Fundamental Movement Education
- Coach Education
- Board Governance
- Human Resources
- Strategic Planning
- Event and Course Management
Workshops and Presentations:
Our consulting experts can design keynote presentations, workshops, and training to address the specific needs of your organization, board, and staff, or for your professional development activities.
Keith Russell, PhD
Dr. Keith Russell is a Professor Emeritus of Kinesiology at the University of Saskatchewan, and a member of the International Gymnastics Federation’s (FIG) Medical & Sport Science Commission.
Keith is a preeminent educator widely sought after in Canada and Internationally. His original conceptualization that good coaching should focus on “Fun, Fitness and ‘FUNdamentals”, and his approach (taxonomy) to understanding all gymnastics skills as derivatives of six Gymnastics Movement Patterns are widely used in the world. He is a former Gymnastic Canada’s Men’s National Coach, and the personal coach of two Olympians. He is the former Head Coach of the University of Saskatchewan’s men’s gymnastics team, and has been an invited international expert for 4 Olympic Solidarity Courses and over 50 International Gymnastic Federation Coach Education Academies around the world.
Keith has received numerous teaching, coaching, and sport awards including the 1995 3M Canadian Male Coach of the Year, the 2009 CAC Geoff Gowan Award for lifelong contributions to coaching development and numerous Gymnastics awards. He has been inducted into both the Saskatoon and Saskatchewan Sports Hall of Fame.
Keith was a Master Course Conductor for all four levels (theory and technical) of the Canadian National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP). He is the author of two textbooks for the first level of Gymnastics Canada’s Coach Education Program and is the lead author for Gymnastic Canada’s new NCCP Artistic Coach Education resources from the Competition Introduction through to Competition Advanced levels. He is also a member of the FIG coach education Academy writing groups for: Artistic Gymnastics, Trampoline, Acrobatic Gymnastics and Gymnastics for All.
Keith has served as editor, reviewer, and author of numerous Sport Science and Gymnastic related Book, Chapters, Articles, Journals and Conference Proceedings.
Beverley Dickinson, BPE
Serving as Ruschkin’s CEO and Project Manager, Beverley is a sport and wellness consultant providing facilitation, project management, best business practices, human resource and course management expertise. Having been a business owner, and Human Resource Consultant at the University of Saskatchewan for over 20 years, she has over 40 years of sport management experience, including serving as a senior administrator and alpine ski race official in Canada.
Beverley is Ruschkin’s Project Manager for development of Gymnastic Canada's new Artistic Coach Education resources, as well as Manager of their Level 4 Coach Education courses for the past 10 years. She has been involved in numerous volunteer activities including the 1988 and 2010 Winter Olympics, Chair of the 2003 Canadian National Gymnastics Championships, Gymnastics Canada Board of Directors, Gymnastic Saskatchewan’s Nominations Committee, and the Canada Games Program. She has been a facilitator for Gymnastic Canada’s ‘Business of Gymnastics’ program, a Facilitator and Master Course Conductor for the ‘Club Excellence’ Program and has facilitated best business practices with Boards and Executive Directors of Clubs and Provincial Sport Federations in Canada.
Up Down All Around Lesson Plans ©
- Alberta Education, Learning Resource Centre
- Gymnastics BC, Manitoba, Nova Scotia, Saskatchewan
- Portuguese Gymnastics Federation
- Universities, elementary schools, & sport clubs in Canada
Special Resource Design & Development
Move Your Body
- Physical Literacy Resource designed for the Canadian after school market
- A joint Sport Canada Project involving the 3 'Foundation Sports'
- NSO partners - Athletics Canada, Gymnastics Canada, & Swimming Canada
- 20 Lesson Plans made up of 15 plans designed for any space, 5 plans designed for the pool
NCCP Coach Education
- Gymnastics Canada Foundations
- Gymnastics Canada Foundations Artistic
- Gymnastics Canada Competition 1
- Gymnastics Canada Competition 2
- Gymnastics Canada Competition 3
- Gymnastics Canada Competition 4
Gymnastics for All Coach Education
- International Gymnastics Federation (FIG) 'Gymnastics for All' Coach Education Manual
Gymnastics Foundations Coach Education
- Portuguese Gymnastics Federation
Up Down All Around – Series A Gymnastic Lesson Plans
- Portuguese Gymnastics Federation
Consulting, Presentations, and Workshops
- Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport (CCES)
- Cirque du Soleil
- Coaches Association of Canada (CAC)
- École nationale de Cirque (ENC)
- ‘GymRep’ (Quebec) Gymnastics Training Camps
- Gymnastics Canada Gymnastique (GCG) and other NSO's in Canada
- Gymnastics Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan
- International Gymnastics Federation (FIG) - Switzerland
- International Gymnastic Federations (Brazil, Portugal, Sweden, Queensland)
- International Coaching and Sport Sciences Conferences and Symposiums
- Medicine & Science Council of Saskatchewan
- Netherlands Sport Medicine Alliance
- Petro Canada Sport Leadership Conferences
- Saskatchewan Kinesiology and Exercise Science Association
- Saskatchewan Physical Education Association (SPEA)
- Saskatchewan Wheelchair Sports Association (SWSA)
- Saskatchewan Sport, Sport Manitoba
- School Boards in Canada
- Sport England
- Universities (Canada and International)